Monday, January 03, 2005

The way to a man's heart...

Is through his stomach, or at least so they say. So I decided I would learn to cook. The truth? I'm not really learning to cook because of my romantic situation (there is none), or because my grandma thinks it's very important (she does). I'm learning to cook because it's cheaper then buying out. Also, getting kind of sick of macaroni and cheese (the only thing I know how to make). Besides, at 20 years I should know how to cook something, no?
By the way, I have an assistant. Her name is Candy, and she'll be assisting me by cleaning up anything that drops on the floor, she's too old to clean up the counter. When Candy was younger, she helpfully ate a whole tub of butter which we forgot on the kitchen counter. Yes, she's a dog and I will supply a picture of her as soon as possible.

I've decided to try one new recipe every week. This week, it's going to be chocolate chip cookies (I'm a fan of the sugar rush, it stimulates the brain). Considering what happened last time I cooked, I'm sure it'll be entertaining, and I promise to share recipes (which I will conveniently steal from my mother and her friends). For those of you who are curious about what happened last time: I was 12 years old, and decided to make a microwave "can't fail" cake for Candy's B-day. It failed. I put two bars of margarine, I didn't melt them like I should. I added too much of everything else. Even Candy wouldn't eat the cake. It's a miracle the microwave didn't explode.

No comments: