Wednesday, January 05, 2005

The Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie

Have any of you ever had a nightmare where a giant cookie was chasing you? I just had, and it was real! Well, not the part about it chasing me, but the giant part, and I definately felt it was making threataning gestures. I know Candy was mocking me about the number of kitchen appliances I used. I thought it would be a good idea to aquaint myself with all the kitchen appliances... Oh, who am I kidding, I used everything because I just didn't know exactly what to use. Candy just stood there and smirked, did you know dogs can smirk? She was supposed to be helping me! Of course all the incompetence in the world, still doesn't explain how I got cookie dow on the top cupboard. I didn't even go near that cupboard. As I mentioned before, instead of many little cookies I ended up with one giant cookie. This was after I was told to space them out by my dear mother. It still tastes delicous:

Mix 1 package of margerine (cream it, don't forget to cream it) with 3/4 cups light brown sugar and 3/4 cups white sugar. Beat 3 eggs with 1 teaspoon vanila extract. Mix eggs and margerine. Mix 2.5 cups flour with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking soda. Mix everything together. Greese pan. Spoon mixture onto pan - small amounts spaced out. Cook at 350 till it's brown and slightly soft, should take around 15 minutes (it took me longer because of the whole one large cookie deal). Let cool. Enjoy.

Don't forget to clean up, and don't try changing a cd while you're cooking. It's a bad idea - trust me. Next week is going to be chicken soup or pecan pie...

No comments: